Roxas and Company, Inc. (RCI) was incorporated on October 7, 1918 primarily to acquire, own, develop, sell and hold investment in real estate and sugar business. On June 23, 2009, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approved the merger between RCI and CADP Group Corporation (CADPGC), with the latter as surviving entity. The merger took effect on June 29, 2009. The SEC likewise allowed CADPGC to change its corporate name to the present one.
With the merger of RCI and CADPGC, the Company now had interests in both the real estate business through the wholly-owned subsidiary, Roxaco Land Corporation (RLC), and the sugar business of Roxas Holdings, Inc. (RHI) and its sugar and ethanol manufacturing subsidiaries.
By July 2017, the Company's equity interest in RHI was reduced to 23% as a result of the converted debt securities into 125 million common shares of RHI. With the dilution of RCI’s equity interest in RHI, the Company’s vision is now focused on real estate development, agri-business and renewable energy. RLC is focused on the development of the group’s landbank in Nasugbu, Batangas, its tourism estate development brand ANYA Resorts, budget hotels and hotel and resorts management.
On May 14, 2015, the SEC approved the incorporation of Roxas Green Energy Corporation (RGEC), which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of RCI. RGEC was established to venture in solar power generation within the properties owned by the group in Nasugbu, Batangas.
On October 8, 2015, the Company entered into a joint venture agreement with Sigma Xynergies Corporation to establish Roxas Sigma Agriventures Inc. The joint venture company is primarily engaged in processing coconuts in its facility in Tupi, South Cotabato to produce coconut milk, coconut cream, virgin coconut oil and coconut water concentrate primarily for the export market.